Members of the Student Representative Council are self-nominated or nominated by their peers.
The Student Representative Council is formed as follows:
- 6-10 members are chosen from each of Years 7 to 10
- 2 members are chosen from International , EALD or multicultural students
- 2 members are chosen from Indigenous Students
- 2 members are chosen from Special Needs Units
From these students, a Year 9 and a Year 10 student are chosen to act as Student Representatives on the School Board. The Student Representative Council elects an Executive of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
The functions of the Student Representative Council are varied and include:
- representing the school on behalf of the student community
- providing leadership by exploring current issues and interests within the student body
- organising and leading student action initiatives across the school and within the network
- organising student involvement in school charity work
- organising school socials
- representing student views to staff, Principal and School Board
- assisting in running school assemblies
- providing exemplary behaviour and leadership for the student body.