Melrose High School is an outstanding and inclusive government school, which enjoys a high international and local reputation. The school sets high expectations with an emphasis on producing quality work. The school has a very multicultural composition which is reflected in the strong cultivation of students as global citizens. The school works closely with its local and extended community to provide a well-balanced and stimulating curriculum with strengths in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits. Specialist learning facilities, a new gymnasium and a wonderful array of sporting and recreational facilities enable students to enjoy the educationally stimulating environment and the friendship of a diverse student body.
Melrose High School reinforces strong values which are based on RESPECT and guide the school community in the way we conduct ourselves. Through our values we focus on respect forResources Effort Self Peers Environment Community Teachers
These values are complemented by a diverse range of special programs and services.
Specialty programs at Melrose High School include:
- An extensive Band Program, Beginner, Jazz and Concert Bands
- Languages Program Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian and German
- Academic Curriculum Extension (ACE) Program
- An extensive elective program for students in Years 9 and 10
- An extensive Careers, Vocational and Work Experience Program
- Leadership and Peer Support Programs
- International Students Program
Special Education Services at Melrose High School include:
- Learning Support Centre and Learning support Unit
- An Indigenous Studies Centre
- Independent Studies Centre for extension and literacy and numeracy support
- Pastoral Care Program supported by a Youth Worker and two Chaplains
- A Student Welfare and Wellbeing Program based on Values and Restorative Justice principles
Melrose High School nurtures and values difference, social, cultural, learning abilities and styles. The inclusive environment provides students with a diverse range of learning opportunities with the goal of producing leaders and learners of the future. Reinforcing a safe and health promoting environment, the school ensures that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
I welcome you to come and experience the Melrose High School diversity.