Homework group will be available in the Library from 3:10pm to 4:10pm on Monday and Wednesday, weeks 3-9 of each term. By running homework, we aim to provide:
- A safe, quiet, and calm space for students to concentrate.
- A supportive environment, where teachers will be present to answer questions.
- A one to one or small group support.
- A chance to share knowledge and an opportunity to build study cohesive relationships.
- An opportunity to develop good work habits and a positive attitude towards learning.
- The chance to develop skills involved in becoming an independent learner.
The intention of Homework Club, here at Melrose, is to engage our students with their learning, in this way we can support students to manage their workload. We also want to use this session to give our students an opportunity to experience success and a degree of independence. We also want our students to be critical thinkers. Prior to commence each session, we want students think about the work which they want to cover in this hour.