UPDATE to the Melrose Uniform
Melrose High School Dress Standards and Uniform
Navy razor polo shirt with white MHS Logo
Year 10 polo shirt or specialty shirt
MHS Navy polo shirt with house coloured logo – worn in PE and Dance classes and sports carnivals only
Black tracksuit pants – plain or with the Melrose branding
Black pants or shorts - plain or with the Melrose branding
MHS black leggings with the Melrose branding only
Shorts must be of an acceptable length - mid-thigh/longer than the fingertips of the student with arms by their side.
Tartan dress - must be of an acceptable length - mid-thigh/longer than the fingertips of the student with arms by their side.
Navy blue hoodie / crew neck – MHS logo or plain
MHS Year 10 jumper
Navy Razor jacket - MHS
Uniforms can be purchased online at https://melrosehs.liquidpromotions.com.au/ all orders will be delivered to the school. You will receive a text message from the school when it is ready for collection.
For more information, please see the Uniform Policy [PDF]
Posted on 20 Dec 2022
Melrose High School Board 2023
The School Board is responsible for overseeing the school's strategic direction. School Boards must observe Directorate directions and ACT Government priorities and all legislative obligations. If you would like to contribute to the governance of the school, then joining the Board would be the perfect opportunity.
Nominations will open on Monday, 6 February 2023, for the following positions on the School Board. Each term will be for a period of two years:
· 1 staff member;
· 2 parent members; and
· 2 student members
Nomination forms will be available from the Front Office from Monday 6 February 2023.
For more information visit the website https://www.education.act.gov.au/public-school-life/get-involved-in-your-childs-school/school_boards or contact the Assistant Returning Officer, Ruth Mahon via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 14 Dec 2022
Year 7 camp updateOur campers are on track for a 3:30 pm return.
Posted on 26 Oct 2022
Pupil Free Days for Term 4
These planning days provide an important opportunity for our staff to undertake training, plan for the remainder of the term and the year ahead and finalise end of year student reporting which can’t be done during class time.
Posted on 10 Oct 2022
2022 School Satisfaction & Climate Survey
Each year, the Directorate surveys all parents and carers, school staff and students in Years 4 to 12 about their experience of public education. The 2022 School Satisfaction & Climate Survey will be available online from 19 August to 9 September. The survey results will help us to continue to make quality informed decisions about how to improve our school. No personal identifying information will be provided to any school or college.
For each child in their family who attends an ACT public school, parents and carers will receive:
§ An email about the parent survey, including a link to access the survey.; and
§ A letter about the student survey outlining the reasons for collection and privacy provision for the data
If you do not receive the survey invitation, please check your Junk email folder; if it is not there, contact the school and you will be provided a survey link. If you do not have an email listed with the school, please contact the front office and we will provide you with a hard copy.
The Parents and Carers Survey will be available online in other languages: Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Urdu, Vietnamese, Punjabi, Bengali, Spanish, Telugu, French and Italian. Respondents can select their preferred language when they start the survey. A shortened paper-version of the Parents and Carers Survey is also available in the following 5 languages: Dari, Dinka, Farsi, Karen and Mon. These surveys are available at the Front Office.
For the results to reflect the opinions of our whole school community, we need as many parents and carers, staff and students as possible to complete the survey. Your feedback is important, and we hope you will take part.
For more information, visit: https://www.education.act.gov.au/public-school-life/school-satisfaction-and-climate-survey
Posted on 05 Aug 2022
Pupil Free days - Term 3
- Friday 5 August 2022, and
- Friday 9 September 2022.
Posted on 02 Aug 2022
Homework group will be available in the Library from 3:10pm to 4:10pm on Monday and Wednesday, weeks 3-9 of each term. By running homework, we aim to provide:
- A safe, quiet, and calm space for students to concentrate.
- A supportive environment, where teachers will be present to answer questions.
- A one to one or small group support.
- A chance to share knowledge and an opportunity to build study cohesive relationships.
- An opportunity to develop good work habits and a positive attitude towards learning.
- The chance to develop skills involved in becoming an independent learner.
The intention of Homework Club, here at Melrose, is to engage our students with their learning, in this way we can support students to manage their workload. We also want to use this session to give our students an opportunity to experience success and a degree of independence. We also want our students to be critical thinkers. Prior to commence each session, we want students think about the work which they want to cover in this hour.
Posted on 01 Aug 2022
Term 3 Canteen Menu
Access the yummy Term 3 Canteen Menu here
Posted on 01 Aug 2022
Semester Award Ceremonies
Friday 1 July 2022 - In the Malcolm Barlow Hall.
Year 7: 9:15 am
Year 9: 10:15 am
Year 8: 11:40 am
Year 10: 12:40 pm
Please park in carpark #2 adjacent to the Hall
Posted on 30 Jun 2022
Enrolling now for 2023Visit the ACT Education Directorate website to enrol for Year 7, 2023. Enrolments completed by 3 June will be notified from 25 July 2022.
Posted on 28 Apr 2022
Term 2 Canteen Menu
Posted on 26 Apr 2022
Applications open for TEDxYouth@Canberra
TEDxYouth@Canberra is a TEDx event created for youth and by youth with the help of adult mentors and operators of TEDxCanberra. Through the TEDxYouth@Canberra event, our goal is to inspire the youth by giving the voices of the next generation a platform that allows them to be heard. This event will largely consist of TEDx talks or speeches from individuals with ideas that are worth spreading, serving as a platform for selected speakers to communicate their unique messages and inspire an audience. We were wondering if YOU would be keen on potentially sharing your stories and ideas by applying to be a speaker or performer at our event. If this interests you, please complete the Speaker Application Form or Performer Application Form by 5 May 2022 for an opportunity to become selected as a prospective speaker or performer at TEDxYouth@Canberra. If we see that your idea suits our event, we will send you an email with further information.
· If you are interested in applying to be a speaker or performer at TEDxYouth@Canberra, you MUST complete the Speaker Application Form or Performer Application Form by 5 May 2022. If we see that your idea/performance suits our event, we will send you an email with further information!
· The duration of your TEDx idea must be around 3-4 minutes. Please take this into account as you consider the idea you might want to communicate.
· When thinking of ideas for your potential TEDx talk, please consider that your ideas meet the TEDx Content Guidelines.
· TED is an annual event that brings together the world's leading thinkers and doers to share ideas that matter in any discipline— technology, entertainment, design, science, the humanities, business, development, communication, and more. The talks at the conference, known as TEDTalks, are made available to watch for free on TED.com to millions of regular viewers with new talks being released each week. In 2009, in the spirit of 'ideas worth spreading', TED created TEDx - a program of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. We're excited to be a TEDx licensee. Each year we attract new speakers, performers and attendees to our events, to highlight the best thinkers and doers from Canberra and our region. Our TEDx event is not organised by TED, but is operated under a licence from TED. Our entire team is involved on a volunteer basis and we are a not-for-profit event. All the revenue and income raised goes towards the cost of producing our events.
Posted on 11 Apr 2022
Meet the Teachers
Welcome to 2022. Are you interested in meeting your child's teachers? Click on the faculty links below to find your child's teachers and their contact details.
Posted on 24 Feb 2022
Posted on 18 Feb 2022
SCHOOL BOARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
School Board 2022
- 1 staff member;
- 1 local community member; and
- 1 student member (preferably year 7-9).
Posted on 07 Feb 2022
2022 Start dates
MONDAY 31 January - Year 7 - 8:50 am in the Malcolm Barlow Hall. Parents please drop off students outside the Hall and Staff will assist them from there.
NEW Year 8-10 students : Year 9 & 10 meet outside the Library at 8:50. Year 8 meet outside the Library at 9:20 am
TUESDAY 1 February - All students return - Please go straight to Check In.
Posted on 13 Jan 2022
School Board 2022
The Board is responsible for overseeing the school's strategic direction. School boards must observe Directorate directions and ACT Government priorities and all legislative obligations. If you would like to contribute to the governance of the school this would be the perfect opportunity.
Nominations will open on Monday, 7 February 2022, for the following positions on the School Board. Each term will be for a period of two years:
- 1 staff member;
- 1 local community member; and
- 1 student member (year 7-9).
Note: With changes this year to the Education Amendment Act 2020, as a school without a P&C association, we need to first advertise for a local community member. If we get no nominations for a local community member, then we re-advertise the vacancy as a parent member.
Nomination forms will be available from the Front Office from Monday 7 February.
For more information visit the website https://www.education.act.gov.au/public-school-life/get-involved-in-your-childs-school/school_boards or contact the Assistant Returning Officer, Ruth Mahon via email,
Posted on 14 Dec 2021